Happy Monday Friends!
Today is not an ordinary Monday..It’s my 27th Birthday. I mean yeah it’s also Labor Day and that always means tons of Sales, but more importantly, IT’S MY 27TH BIRTHDAY!
I have a big time love/hate relationship with my birthday. I don’t mind getting older, that’s never been an issue for me. I remember being 20 and just itching to be 21. Then I was 21 and I swore people wished me a happy 21st birthday for an entire year. I couldn’t wait to be 24 or 25 so people would maybe, just maybe start taking me seriously. Then I turned 25, and I finally got to experience my first ever birthday party. I never had birthday parties growing up. My ex boyfriend’s sister and husband threw me an amazing Mad Men theme birthday which included fake cigarettes and my favorite St. German cocktail. Everyone who came dressed up and I just remember that being the best birthday I had ever had.
I remember turning 21 like it was yesterday. I had been dating a much older guy who I think was 29 when I was finally allowed into a bar legally. He planned an amazing birthday weekend for me in Ventura which included a Mexican dinner then a private table at a bar that was actually in an old house decked out with black velvet curtains and twinkling chandeliers. It was amazing. I definitely threw up all over the place and hated myself the next day but I blame it on the 4 bottles of Veuve he bought me.
I’ve had some pretty amazing birthday experiences since being an adult. I spent a weekend in Palm Springs with someone girlfriends. One birthday Jonathan was deployed but we got to FaceTime and he bought me a gorgeous Kendra Scott necklace and rock climbing shoes. Last year was my first year a mom. Maverick was actually due on my birthday, but came two weeks early, so on my actual birthday we had people over to our house and had a “welcome to the world” party with our closest friends and moms.
This year I worked my birthday weekend. But Jonathan and Maverick got me balloons, an ice cream cake and some cute lounge wear. I’m feeling really thankful, so I wanted to name 27 things that I’m thankful for this year.
1. I’m thankful for my husband.
2.I’m thankful for my beautiful son.
3. I’m thankful for my mom and mother in law.
4. I’m thankful for ALL of my friends.
5. I’m thankful for good music.
6. I’m thankful to live in such a beautiful city.
7. I’m thankful for my blog and the opportunities that have come my way so far because of it.
8. I’m thankful for the friendships I’ve made through Instagram.
9. I’m thankful for my job, which allows me to be with Maverick during the day.
10. I’m thankful for really fancy, expensive massages.
11. I’m thankful that I’ve been able to gain confidence in myself again post baby.
12. I’m thankful Mav and I were able to breastfeed for a year (and still going)
13. Im thankful for coffee and yummy creamer.
14. I’m thankful for the Military and the opportunities were afforded because of it.
15. I’m thankful for women empowerment.
16. I’m thankful for small businesses and the people who own them.
17. I’m thankful for dogs. Especially Goose!
18. I’m thankful were close to the beach but also to the mountains.
19. I’m thankful for Amazon Prime.
20. I’m thankful that Maverick has a sleep schedule and I get to sleep at night now.
21. I’m thankful for frozen grapes.
22. I’m thankful that Jon gives me back rubs…sometimes.
23. I’m thankful Mav isn’t a picky eater and loves food as much as mama.
24. I’m thankful for inspirational quotes
25. I’m thankful for organizations that help battered and abused women and children.
26. I’m thankful for amazing skincare products.
27. I’m thankful I made it to 27, and that I didn’t let the dark times in my life consume me, or take my life.
Also, finally sharing pictures of this jumpsuit after so many questions and DM’s. I linked the cheapest price I found online, and its basically a steal!!
Until Next Time